MISSION AND VISION
The After School Program strives to:
- Provide a safe and fun environment
- Engage students in both teacher-led activities and student-led exploration
- Respond to and develop programming based on students’ interests and curiosities
- Help students develop new skills
- Foster creativity, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Model the values of stewardship, peace, respect, humility friendship and honesty
The After School Program provides a safe and secure environment filled with various enrichment learning opportunities for students, including activities to engage their bodies, minds, and creative spirit. Below are some typical activities.
Let's Move! is a daily physical activity. Students choose between organized sports, games, and free play. *
Enrichment is an academic, arts or skill-based activity. Offerings such as drawing, sculpture, music, science, chess, cooking, weaving, or painting are available. During Enrichment, students choose to take part in the activity, explore art materials in a Free Art area, build, do homework, or read. Parents may request that their children complete homework during the After School Program. We provide a quiet area and a staff member oversees work, and the student takes primary responsibility for completing his/her assignments. If further academic support is needed, parent can connect with our tutoring program. *
Wind Down is a period of free play and quiet activity involving Do-It-Yourself activities and games.
* Students in Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten have their own Let’s Move! and Enrichment activities, and re-join the larger student group for the Wind Down or special whole-group activities.
3:00 to 3:10 – Circle
3:10 to 3:50 – Let's Move! (choice of physical activity, games, or free play)
3:50 to 4:10 – Snack
4:10 to 5:15 – Enrichment
5:15 to 5:30 – Clean up
5:30 to 6:00 – Wind Down (quiet activities and clean up)
asp registration 2016 2017
Manage Class Roster
Cloning this assignment will create new assignments that copy all the current information associated with this assignment. The only change will be the date which will be based on the information you enter below. Once you have cloned an assignment, information updated in one of the cloned assignment will not affect the other cloned assignments.