Welcoming the new TAs in 2021-2022
- Rebecca Montgomery will be working with Tanisha's Pre-K class. Rebecca spent this past summer as an environmental educator at the Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education, leading interactive, multi-sensory environmental education activities for 3–5-year-old summer campers. Rebecca was an Allegheny College Bonner Leader and supported math and literacy for early elementary school students with the America Reads Program.
- Michelle Sheffer will be working with Steve's Kindergarten class. Michelle is excited to be engaging in elementary teaching. She has worked as a writer, taught 8th grade English, and managed an independent bookstore. Michelle has an M.S.Ed. from the University of Pennsylvania. We're thrilled that Michelle will also teach a 7/8 arts elective in playwriting this fall and other 7/8 theater electives throughout the year.
- Emory McCool will be working with Imani's 2nd grade class. Emory is an Oberlin College graduate with an English major and Comparative American Studies minor. Emory has tons of experience supporting student writers. Emory really enjoyed working with 8 year old campers at College Settlement Camp this summer.
- Holly Lau will be working with Anna's 3rd grade class. She wants to inspire a love of curiosity and sense of social responsibility. Holly earned her MS in Teaching, Learning and Curriculum from Drexel University, She has an MFA in computer art and interactive design. Holly will also teach our 7/8 visual arts electives this year, beginning with photography in the fall.
- Basha Nachman will be working with Bianca's 5th grade class. Basha enjoyed working with our Horizons at Greene Street Friends School program this past summer. Basha earned her B.A. in Women and Gender Studies with minors in Dance and Professional Writing at Goucher College in 2020. She has worked as a Writing Center Tutor and as a long-term classroom tutor supporting 6th grade students.
- Anna Sudderth will be working with Nico and Becky's 6th grade class. Anna earned her B.A. in English with a concentration in creative writing from Yale University in 2019. Anna served as an ArtistYear Americorps fellow at Hill Freedman World Academy in Mt. Airy, where she worked with students on songwriting and poetry. Anna will also teach a playwriting arts elective for our 7/8 students.
- Pierre Galloway will be teaching 3rd - 5th grade science this year in addition to helping part time as a TA. Pierre graduated from the University of Richmond with a BA in Healthcare Studies and minors in Anthropology and Biology. Pierre has multiple talents, including singing, guitar, instrumentals, camp counseling, and many ways of connecting with students.
- Ci'Ani Evans will be teaching PK and K PE this year in addition to working with Kim's 5th grade. Ci'Ani was a leader in our Safe Community for Online Learning (SCOL), a TA in 5th grade, and a tutor last year. Ci'Ani has boundless energy and helps in every aspect of school. She enjoyed working in our Horizons at Greene Street Friends School program this past summer.
Please check out our school webpage directory to see photos and full bios of all our TA's in every classroom. We're so grateful for the unique gifts each of our TA's brings to our community, for their desire to learn about the art of teaching, and for the loving way they support every student.