HIGHLIGHTS FROM OUR 2016-2017 service partnerships
- Face to Face- 5th Grade students prepared treats for the monthly coffee hour at Face to Face - a Germantown-based non-profit serving the basic needs of struggling and homeless families with dignity. Students then walked the baked items to Face-to-Face and joined F2F guests in playing games together.
- Hansberry Garden and Pastorius Community Garden- 4th Grade students "dug in" at two Germantown community gardens. Students learned about the importance of local gardens, native plants, and sustainable farming practices.
- MANNA- Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten students made art to be delivered with the 95,000 meals MANNA prepares and distributes each month to ill neighbors. The masterpieces from our students provided nourishment for body and soul.
- Reading Buddies- 2nd Grade students read with our senior neighbors weekly or bi-weekly, allowing students the opportunity to build literacy skills and their guests a chance for fellowship.
- John Wister Elementary School- 6th Graders planned and led monthly learning stations for Kindergartners at John Wister Elementary School, the neighborhood public school. After designing and teaching their modules, students were asked to reflect on changes they would make to the curriculum and the importance of equal access to a quality education.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of ServiceGreene Street Friends School proudly participates in the national Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service. Philadelphia hosts the largest event in the country and Greene Street Friends welcomes students and their families to serve alongside Faculty and Staff each year. Last year more than 200 volunteers joined us for a variety of projects, including packing breakfast, hygiene, and birthday bags for our neighbors. The Greene Street Friends community also donated 45 pints of blood, saving 130 patients' lives.
Save the date for next year's Day of Service on Monday, January 15th.
Manage Class Roster
Cloning this assignment will create new assignments that copy all the current information associated with this assignment. The only change will be the date which will be based on the information you enter below. Once you have cloned an assignment, information updated in one of the cloned assignment will not affect the other cloned assignments.