Greene Street Friends School is owned and supported by the congregation of Green Street Monthly Meeting. The Monthly Meeting appoints the School's governing board.
The Board of GSFS appoints the Head of School, who manages the School's operations and reports directly to the Board. Currently there are 20 members of the Board.
Key areas of Board activity:
- Setting future goals for the School and partnering with the administration to implement the current capital campaign and other strategic initiatives.
- Approving overarching policies and procedures to ensure that the School is living its mission and is complying with current laws and regulations.
- Connecting the School with the Central Germantown community, the City of Philadelphia and the world beyond our campus.
- Caring for the relationship between the Meeting and the School.
- Monitoring the operation of the school.