STUDENT SUPPORT TEAM
- Darien Headen, Associate Head of School
- Kareem Rogers, Dean (Pre-K to 3rd)
- Jane Ellis, Dean (4th to 8th)
- Amira Sedki, School Counselor
- Lana Sommers, Middle School Counselor and Health Teacher (7th & 8th)
- Westy Higgins, Lower School Learning Support Specialist
- Kiri Harris, Middle School Learning Support Specialist
- Leanne Clancy, Director of Admission
- Tricia Ebarvia, Director of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
In collaboration with faculty, the Student Support Team monitors our program and identifies students who will benefit from additional resources, whether for remediation, enrichment, or emotional support. With families, teachers, and other professionals we collect and synthesize information about our students, design a plan to maximize the child’s opportunity for success, and evaluate their progress. We develop and use reliable and secure systems for recording data that help our teachers know our students as learners and enable our team of educators to work effectively toward meeting the needs of all our students.
VISION STATEMENTThe Student Support Team will work proactively toward helping all of our students thrive. We will be a model team for our school; empower teachers to communicate clearly, promptly, and compassionately when there are concerns and build on the positive relationship between home and school. We will help students understand themselves as learners and community members to achieve their very best at Greene Street Friends School and in their next educational setting.