For the 2023-2024 school year, students must be signed-up and registered for 2 to 5 days a week of care.
MISSION AND VISION
The After School Program strives to:
- Provide a safe and fun environment
- Engage students in both teacher-led activities and student-led exploration
- Respond to and develop programming based on students’ interests and curiosities
- Help students develop new skills
- Foster creativity, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Model the values of stewardship, peace, respect, humility friendship and honesty
The After School Program provides a safe and secure environment filled with various enrichment learning opportunities for students, including activities to engage their bodies, minds, and creative spirit. Below are some typical activities.
Let’s Move:This is the time for our students to move and stretch their bodies through outdoor play. In inclement weather, teacher-led games and activities take place in the gym, music room, and within our ASP space. We also offer the option of a quiet homework room.During this portion of our program, students enjoy the healthy and wholesome snack they brought from home. PLEASE REMEMBER TO PACK YOUR CHILDREN THIS EXTRA SNACK ON THE DAYS THEY ARE SCHEDULED TO ATTEND ASP.
Let’s Explore and Learn:
During this time, students are given the choice to join teacher-led activities or take part in self-guided exploration in our Free Art Area, Building Area or select a book to read. Students can also choose this time to complete any homework assignments.
Let’s Wind Down:
Our day ends with a Wind Down period of indoor games and activities or, weather permitting, out-door play.
Parents may request that their children complete homework during the After School Program. We provide a quiet area and a staff member oversees work, and the student takes primary responsibility for completing his/her assignments. If further academic support is needed, parent can connect with our tutoring program. *
* Students in Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten have their own Let’s Move! and Enrichment activities, and re-join the larger student group for the Wind Down or special whole-group activities.
Manage Class Roster
Cloning this assignment will create new assignments that copy all the current information associated with this assignment. The only change will be the date which will be based on the information you enter below. Once you have cloned an assignment, information updated in one of the cloned assignment will not affect the other cloned assignments.